PORTLAND, Ore.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 10, 2022–
As the season for Spring Break approaches, Vacasa ( NASDAQ: VCSA ) teamed up with Allison + Partners to see how many Americans are packing their bags, where they are heading, and what’s motivating their vacation plans. The survey* findings, released today in Vacasa’s 2022 Spring Travel Trends report, unearthed that travel is abloom this season—particularly for remote workers, millennials and parents—and that more people are planning to travel specifically for Spring Break 2022 compared to last year.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220210005347/en/
Key West, Florida, one of Vacasa’s most-searched destinations for Spring Break 2022. (Photo: Business Wire)
In the spirit of spring cleaning, Vacasa also scrubbed its search data to reveal the most popular destinations for vacation rentals this March, including Destin, Florida, and Gulf Shores, Alabama, among other sandy locales. Nearly one-third of travelers are booking vacation rentals for their spring getaways, because of value for money (65%) and/or access to a full kitchen (56%), according to the survey results. Those perks come in handy for the parents of young children, nearly half (49%) of whom say they’re opting for a vacation home as their lodging of choice.
Here’s a first look at a few of the travel trends expected to crop up and take root this season, with the full trend report available on Vacasa.com:
- More than half (56%) of Americans are planning a trip this spring and 37% are planning to travel during Spring Break, specifically—an increase from the 29% who were traveling for Spring Break 2021.
- The likelihood of travel is even higher for hybrid workers (86%), millennials (75%) and parents (63%), who are most likely to be packing their bags in the months to come.
- Welcome back, friend. While one’s partner and/or kid(s) are still the go-to spring travel companions, the number of people planning to vacation with friends jumped from 16% in 2021 to 23% this year.
- It’s near-even though on what motivates people most when it comes to travel: 32% of respondents said where they’re going, while 28% said who they’re going with. But, even so, family and friend events like reunions and birthdays were the activities most likely to encourage a trip in 2022 (45% and 32%, respectively).
- American travelers are mostly staying planted on U.S. soil, with 75% planning a domestic trip, 23% springing for a staycation, and 18% heading international—which is near-even with how many people planned to travel abroad in Summer 2019.
- Of those planning to travel this spring, 75% say they plan to travel more frequently in 2022 than they did in 2021.
*Allison+Partners Research + Insights surveyed 1,000 individuals over the age of 18 in the United States. The survey was fielded using the Qualtrics Insight Platform, and the panel was sourced from Lucid. Fielding was executed in January 2022.
Vacasa is the leading vacation rental management platform in North America, transforming the vacation rental experience by integrating purpose-built technology with expert local and national teams. Homeowners enjoy earning significant incremental income on one of their most valuable assets, delivered by the company’s unmatched technology that adjusts rates in real time to maximize revenue. Guests can relax comfortably in Vacasa’s 35,000+ homes across more than 400 destinations in North America, Belize and Costa Rica, knowing that 24/7 support is just a phone call away. In addition to enabling guests to search, discover and book its properties on Vacasa.com and the Vacasa Guest App, Vacasa provides valuable, professionally managed inventory to top channel partners, including Airbnb, Booking.com and Vrbo.
For more information, visit https://www.vacasa.com/press.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220210005347/en/
CONTACT: Media contact:
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA OREGON
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RESIDENTIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE RETAIL CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY TECHNOLOGY OTHER TRAVEL LODGING DESTINATIONS WOMEN TRAVEL ONLINE RETAIL MEN FAMILY VACATION CONSUMER INTERNET OTHER CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 02/10/2022 09:00 AM/DISC: 02/10/2022 09:02 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2022.